Rules & Regulations
- The requirements for operation of Long Island Aviators aircraft are: Adherence to appropriate FARs, meet pilot currency requirements, the current insurance requirements, and operate within the rules and regulations of the organization.
- Operate within the guidelines of LIA's "Standard Operating Procedures".
- Pilots (renter) may operate and rent at a regular rate or block rate.
- Fuel, oil and maintenance/repair are the only reimbursable expenses allowed.
- Fuel purchases at airports other than FRG or airports where LIA maintains fuel accounts will be made by the renter(s).
- Fuel and/or oil purchases will be credited to the renter’s account provided original receipts are submitted within thirty (30) days of purchase. Fuel purchased by renter will be credited in the amount of the receipt or the current fuel price at Republic Airport (KFRG), whichever is lower. Fuel credits will at no time exceed the current per gallon fuel price at the airport home base, KFRG.
- All pilots should be aware of the aircraft’s status, and are responsible for aircraft after accepting it.
- Any problems, squawks or damages must be reported to the office immediately.
- Flights outside the United States must be arranged within thirty (30) days of departure and with the approval of LIA management. Liability insurance coverage with an appropriate insurance company may be required and is to be obtained by the member at the member’s expense; a copy of said policy must be submitted to the company fifteen (15) days prior to departure. Any other requirements for flights outside the United States are at the member’s expense.
- Grass fields are prohibited.
- Multi-engine aircraft are only permitted to operate in and out of 4000′ long runways or more.
- Single-engine complex aircraft are only permitted to operate in and out of 3000′ runways or more.
- Cross-countries are restricted to 350 n.m, without prior approval.
- Hand propping of aircraft is prohibited.
- Formation Flight is prohibited.
- In the event of a maintenance occurrence away from KFRG, Long Island Aviators is not responsible for room and board or transportation for the renter and their passengers.
AT THE END OF EACH FLIGHT
- Record ending Hobbs and Tach readings on the flight sheet. Include the name, date, hours flown, oil added and list all landings and any other data as appropriate.
- Leave fuel tanks topped off, and/or notify an administrator. The Cougar fill to 40 GAL tabs (each side).
- Record and report any squawks to the management immediately.
- Remove all trash, personal effects, etc. from the aircraft and secure it in the appropriate tie down.
- Aircraft must be grounded upon discovery by a pilot/student/renter of any defect that affects flight safety. Only LIA management and/or a maintenance officer may release the aircraft for service.
FAA AND INSURANCE REQUIREMENT
- Each pilot (renter) desiring flight privileges must hold a current Student, Private, Commercial, or ATP pilot certificate and a current FAA medical certificate.
- Long Island Aviators requires that all pilots maintain flight status. Each pilot must meet the following requirements:
- Must meet minimum FAA Recent Flight Experience requirements within the past ninety (90) days, flight time as PIC of an LIA aircraft within the last 120 days or had a check out with a certified and approved LIA flight instructor.
- Must meet the insurance and company required qualification criteria for the aircraft to be flown.
- Must successfully complete check-out in each aircraft of interest prior to making flights as pilot in command.
- Must have a personal policy of $20,000 Aircraft Damage Liability Insurance.
- All reservations are made via the Internet using Holdshort.com.
- Each canceled reservation should be updated for verification on the scheduling system as soon as possible regardless of weather conditions or other phenomena.
- Reservations are to be made exactly for the time period required.
- If late more than thirty (30) minutes, his/her aircraft will move on to the next scheduled reservation.
- All flights must return at the scheduled time; if tardiness is caused by a mechanical or weather difficulty, then an administrator must be informed immediately.
- Failure to utilize the aircraft during the reserved time slot is subject to a penalty of a 25% for the length of the reservation. This may be waived by an administrator with a valid reason, i.e. weather, sickness emergency. Cancellations of more than 24 hours are not subject to a penalty.
- The following daily minimums apply:
Minimum Billable Hours for C172, C182, PA28 Hours Scheduled
(08:00 AM - 08:00 PM)
Weekdays Weekends/Holidays More Than 4 2 3 More Than 8 4 6 More Than 12 6 9 Minimum Billable Hours for C152, GA-7, PA34 Hours Scheduled
(08:00 AM - 08:00 PM)
Weekdays Weekends/Holidays More Than 4 2 3 More Than 8 2 3 More Than 12 2 3
DUES, RATES, AND FEES
Will be established by the Long Island Aviators, and will be subject to periodic evaluation and adjustment to meet the corporation’s operating costs. Rates are published on the website, LongIslandAviators.com.
Fees for aircraft rental, equipment and instruction are due at the time of rental and/or instruction. In the event of nonpayment within fifteen (15) days thereafter, interest will accrue at a rate of 1.25 % per month until the balance is paid in full.
In addition, the renter/student is responsible for reasonable attorney fees and court costs in connection with any collection efforts or actions necessitated by nonpayment Note: Pilot and student accounts must be current to maintain flying privileges and instruction at Long Island Aviators.
Returned check fee, $30.
- All pilots and CFI’s must be approved by a certified flight instructor, who is already approved by Long Island Aviators, and meet the minimum required qualifications under the company’s insurance policy.
- All members and CFI’s are responsible for cleaning the aircraft after their flight or lesson, removing any garbage and personal effects, and securing the aircraft at the original tie down.
- All lost and found items should be turned in to an administrator who will place them in a safe place in the company’s office.
- When a member/or renter purchases additional flight time or prepays for flights (block time), it is reimbursable according to the following terms:
- Long Island Aviators will fully reimburse within 24 hours.
- More than 24 hours up to 72 hours (3 days), Long Island Aviators will charge a 10% penalty fee.
- If more than 72 hours up to thirty (30) days a 20% will be charged.
- Anything more than thirty (30) days is NOT REIMBURSABLE.